Student Help Center
How do I clear my cache and why do I need to clear it?
Clearing your browser cache helps our applications run better on your computer. Your browser cache remembers parts of pages, like images and videos to help open them faster during your next visit or log in. So if you don’t clear your cache from time to time your browser may not load the newest version of our site or software. We make updates regularly to our software to bring you a better experience every time and clearing your cache will help you during your log in and study process.
What happens after you clear your cache?
After you clear cache and cookies:
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
- Some sites can seem slower because content, like images, needs to load again.
How to clear your browser cache
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Click the menu button and select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data….
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- For more information about managing site data, see Manage local site storage settings.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.