Computer and Internet Skills Required for Success
COMPUTER ESSENTIALS COURSE OVERVIEW
Computer Essentials is an online, self-paced digital literacy course that teaches students computer and Internet skills needed for computer-based testing, college-level courses, and today's workplace. Using built-in assessments, the adaptive learning system creates a personalized learning plan for each student, bypassing skills they have already mastered. This course contains over 75 lessons, activities, and assessments in three units:
- Computing Fundamentals
- Living Online
- Key Applications & Information
The first unit is Computing Fundamentals. This unit will give students an overview of basic computer skills needed for success, how to get started using a computer, and then moves on to more complex complex skills. Here are just a few of the lessons included in Computing Fundamentals:
- Common Computer Skills: Teaches the most common ways a mouse and keyboard are used.
- The Computer Desktop: Learn the basics of what you see on a computer screen and how to get around a computer desktop.
- Using Media: How to use media such as flash drives and SD cards to store pictures, files, and other information.
The second unit is Living Online. This unit covers the basics of social interactions in online communities as well as privacy and security on the Internet. Here are just a few of the lessons included in Living Online:
- Participating in Internet Communities: Learn how to interact with communities on the Internet and how to use social networking sites and apps.
- Maintaining Privacy: Other people and companies can use any information shared by an individual on the Internet. Learn how to maintain privacy in this digital age.
- Internet Security Issues: Sharing information on the Internet brings many security risks. Learn about common internet security problems and issues and how they can be avoided.
KEY APPLICATIONS & INFORMATION
The third unit is Key Applications & Information. This unit covers how to find information on the internet, how to organize the information, and how to interpret and show the information accurately. Here are just a few of the lessons included in Key Applications & Information:
- Sources of Information: This lesson teaches how to identify reliable sources where information can be found.
- File Structures: This lesson will teach ways that files are organized on a computer and online and how to find them.
- Creating Tables, Charts, and Graphs: Learn how to orginize information into tables, charts, and graphs that can be easily read and evaluated.
Get Computer Essentials Today
Order Computer Essentials
Choose the number of seats to fit your class or school, then enter the exact quantity you want in the box and select "Order"